Happy Birthday To Me ............

Well, technically it was a week ago today that I celebrated my birthday, but now I can show you what having that birthday and receiving the birthday money I received from my dear Mother allowed me to get.

Not that I needed any new throw pillows, but when I was in HomeGoods over the weekend and wandering past the section of the store where they have all the children's home decor items, I spotted these totally adorable toss pillows that are done in a patchwork design in my favorite faded shabby chic colors and they even have some roses on them too.

It wasn't until I brought them home that I realized the patchwork fabric design on the pillows matches almost perfectly my summer quilt that I use on my bed during the summer months. My bed is still wearing it's winter duvet at the moment, but here's a picture of my bed from last summer that shows the quilt I am referring to. How about that for nearly perfect match??

Thanks to my wonderful Mother, I now have some new toss pillows to display on my bed during the summer. Aren't they lovely? The colors couldn't be more perfect in my opinion.

Speaking of Mother's, my siblings and I had a wonderful day yesterday spending time with our Mother on Mother's Day. I haven't given any updates on my Mom lately, but for those of you who may recall that my Mother slipped and fell on the ice at the end of January breaking her left hip, she is doing totally AWESOME!!. Except for a bit of stiffness now and then, she is pretty much back to 100% and has not had any difficulties going back to her normal routine. She's just being alot more cautious than she was before and making sure she isn't doing anything she shouldn't be doing. We are all so thankful that her recovery has gone as well as it did and that she can continue enjoying the active life she did before her injury. All those prayers we sent out must have been answered.

Time to start getting dinner ready so I must say goodbye for now. Have a great week and I'll be back soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment