Remember this sofa??!?! Well....

Some of you may remember my Fabric Search post back in July of 2008- where I was searching for fabric to upholster my French Provincial sofa. The same sofa I bought on Craigslist! Well, thanks to everyone who suggested a fabric back then, but I went with Mrs. Limestone's suggestion about how a patterned fabric may get too old, too quick. It made sense, so I chose white. I know some of you may think this is NUTS....

and even though I don't have kids, I have DOGS. For now, it will sit covered in a see-through plastic (so I can at least see it)...and then unwrap it on special occasions or when guests come over! I'm quite happy with it and it looks even better in person! So, Mrs. Limestone from Brooklyn Limestone Blog wins this long & forgotten GIVEAWAY!!

Here is the breakdown of the costs:

*Sofa : $125 Craigslist
*Fabric: $4.99/yard (I know, it was on sale) $60 total in fabric from Home Fabrics in Las Vegas
*Upholstery/Labor/Staining of the wood: $ 700

*Upholstery by Alex Rivas Upholstery in Las Vegas, Nevada


In the end, I guess I just couldn't get this sofa from a Domino magazine issue (above) off my mind!

0 comments:

Post a Comment