The Stitching Bug Has Left :(

So after finishing Scatter Sunshine (thanks for all the comments!!) I haven't had the desire to stitch *blah* I'm going to try and not let it get me down because if I do it will just extend the amount of time I feel this way. I did, however, get the urge to finish my stitching into something so that's good, no? If I had this weekend off I think I would do more but I don't so I can't. Yesterday after running my morning/afternoon errands I made this:

The Pinkeep you've seen before but yesterday I made the bourse and the scissor fob. I love how everything looks together! The scissor fob isn't the greatest and I'm NOT doing it over (I re-did it like 5 times!) So I'll just keep on practicing until I get it right next time. The thing that I'm having a hard time on is the ribbon part but I think I know how to fix it next time. I was showing EVERYONE my bourse. I'm so proud of it! I used the instructions from Focus on Finishing. They were REALLY good. I hope Cindy likes the gift. The scissor handles are in the shape of a bunny, just in case you thought it was a squirel (that's what my cousin thought, she asked me "Where does the squirel fit it?" *grrr*) The teeny bunny buttons I got from Joann's yesterday. I first picked up these not so great buttons but just as I was going to leave the button aisle I spotted these and I'm glad I did! They had the most adorable hippo buttons too but I've never seen any cross stitch hippos so I didn't get them. I think I may take my bourse to work to show it off LOL. They always ask me what I do with the things I finish, I tell them I get mostly everything framed but now I can show them this! :-) Next I'm going to try to make a flat fold, Lisa has this great tutorial she made up on her blog. And I have an idea on how to finish up Scatter Sunshine! Until next time! I'm going to *try* and stitch on the new L*K that I have kitted up, after I take a shower.

0 comments:

Post a Comment