Creative Displays.........

Hi Girls....

Are you having a fun and relaxing weekend? I haven't been doing anything too exciting myself today, just a bit of "playing house" and finding new ways to display some of my collections.

As you know, I love to collect vintage crocheted potholders and for many years, I have displayed several of them on my kitchen counter top using an old metal coffee mug holder with hooks that I had painted a pretty shade of pink. It worked perfectly for hanging the potholders. Here's a very old picture from my archives to give you the idea.....

Well recently, as I was shopping at Marshall's, I came across an item that I thought might work for displaying my potholders in a slightly different way. Wanna take a guess as to what this piece is that is now displaying some of my potholders?

If you guessed that it was a jewelry holder, you guessed right !!

Isn't this a wonderful piece? I just adore the architectural detail on this. The little posts that are intended to hang necklaces on work just perfectly for hanging my potholders from instead. There are seven posts in all with four on the top row and three on the bottom. I can hang two or three potholders on each of the post.

Just a fun and creative way for displaying some of my favorite things so I can see them everyday and which of course makes the daily chore of doing dishes just a little bit easier.

I'd love to hear about ways that you have found to use an item for a purpose other than which it was intended for. I'm sure you all have some great ideas to share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment