Copying Other People's work.....!!!

This is the kind of thing that makes artists furious. Artists are sensitive people, and we really care & are passionate about what we do! So, when someone comes along & STEALS our designs, we need to take action, and that is what I am doing right now with this post. A tiny company called jack in the box designs, is claiming that the prints they are selling are their designs. Are you kidding me? I recognize a few that I know for a FACT aren't their designs, including mine!  I know I should expect this kind of disrespect, but this is just plain wrong!!  

They aren't just RIPPING me off, but others at the same time! Do they think because they are in Canada it's ok?? Well, they're wrong! Copyright laws exist all over. Here's the even funnier part, they say on their blog they created these designs 3 years ago....but coincidentally, all their designs are using my exact color schemes as well as ones from Binth, Penny People and Chaiv.  They also had the nerve to go to some kind of show & exhibit their work (you know, the designs they're ripping off). I don't mind if someone makes a replica for their own personal use, but for commercial purposes....that, I am not cool with. 

Please help support the artists and businesses who work their butts off to create and come up with original work. Tell people like this that they are WRONG and they are clearly copying others. How do they justify this behavior??!?  How do you feel about this?  What if it was your work? 
 
Please email them at: Jackinthebox.designs@yahoo.ca and let them know they are violating the works of others. Or feel free to let them know by leaving a comment on their blog here. 
Something as simple as "you are clearly copying other artists work". 

 Thank you.


**UPDATE**: These copycats have now deleted their Facebook page & their blog, however, neither I nor the other artists/designers have gotten a response from them. Figures. If they appear again, I'm certain my readers and customers will tell me. 



Below is just a portion of what is/was on their blog....




(click for larger images)


What she writes (above) in her blog post cracks me up...and I quote, "We came up with this design and appropriately named it "ABC Original."


Here she is above (I was kind enough to blur her face out) selling copyrighted work by other designers (including mine) at a booth.


As the saying goes, "stealing is easy, being original is hard".


0 comments:

Post a Comment