Happy Father's Day, not JUST for Fathers

These black & whites are my dad & me
the color..my dad with Mercedes, my youngest
She's now 20
Below that, my dad & stepmom
with my kids , Steve, now 37 , Nicole now 27 and Mercedes now 20
the one grandson Zachary ( first born)who is almost 15 now and me.

Please click picture to enlarge..they are GOOD photos
My dad as a baby the one on the left
His dad holding him, his mom holding him





Memories of my dad


Visiting his dad's bait shop before we went fishing. The smell of the earth just reeked out of the shop, with worms, crawdads, fishing lures, gear and minnows.



Summers fishing in Minnesota & fishing on the lake at night. I would bait my own hook and usually could get it off the hook after catching.

I loved fishing, dad loved it

raised me to enjoy it. He took his grandsons fishing. My son, Steve loved it,
they'd eat cold beans and fish into the evening. If you knew my dad & the opportunity came up, you'd go fishing with him .
We would go to the drive in and dad would let me play
before the movie started. He would even come and push me on the swing..

He loved to garden and he
made Sunday roasts for us. He took me to church whenever I wanted to
go. I never heard him say ONE curse word.

I loved the smell of his pipe
and an ocassional cigar. He wore house slippers, loved to snack on
popcorn in the evening. He loved Johnny Cash.

I miss him..and wish we'd
had more time to make more memories.

In the end, Dad's memories left him, he didn't know me and he died of the effects of Alzheimers and Parkinson's Disease on Aug. 5, 2008.
My dad raised me to be kind.

I know my dad is in Heaven, I hope remembers now, all those good years we had.

In memory of my father

William Eugene Cleaver

See ya in Heaven daddy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment