Tea Things Tuesday....

Hey there girls. How are things going in your world?

My world has been somewhat crazy as usual with work STILL being extremely busy and me getting the opportunity to pretty much work as much overtime as I want, which of course means more $$$ in my pocketbook to use for fun money, but it also means a lot mores stress and exhaustion.

To battle that exhaustion and to wind down and relax after a busy day of work, I will often make myself a small pot of tea and snack on some yummy cookies for a little pick me up.

A great way to do that is using one of my favorite teapots. This little beauty is about half the size of a regular teapot and will hold maybe three cups of tea. Just perfect when I don't feel liking drinking a large pot of tea all by myself.

The unusual story behind this teapot is that unlike many of my other teapots, this one came into my possession AFTER I already had two matching teacups. I had found the teacups at different times years earlier and loved the pretty rose pattern in pink and yellow and had always dreamed of finding a matching teapot someday. Well that day finally arrived much to my delight a few years ago when I visited a small antique and gift shop in the town of Osceola Wisconsin, just across the border from Minnesota and discovered my much dreamed about teapot just sitting on a shelf waiting for me to bring it home. It was a little pricey in my opinion as most teapots these days are, but after having dreamt about it for as long I had been, I just knew there was no way I was going to pass it up and leave it behind, no matter what it cost. It was definitely worth paying what I did for it and I've sure gotten my money's worth out of this teapot as it is probably the one I use the most often.

The two matching teacups are different styles, both of which I love, but they do have the same rose pattern as the teapot.

Now if I could just find a few matching desert size plates, I'd have a complete serving set. Maybe someday I will, you just never know. Until then, I'll enjoy and get much use out of the pieces I do have.

Thanks for stopping by today for some tea time fun. I hope you enjoyed your visit. If you'd like to see even more lovely tea things, follow the MckLinky links below to visit the blogs of my tea loving friends who are also sharing some of their favorite tea things with us today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment