The Shabby Chic Home





I was so excited to find this pink glass juicer or reamer in a department store the other day. It is an exact copy of the depression glass ones (I have some of these too.) I have always wanted a pink juicer and now here it is! However I would prefer a depression glass pink one but I am not sure if they even came in pink. Plenty of green and clear ones, but alas! NO PINK!
I was browsing on the net and came across some pictures from one of my fave books, "The Shabby Chic Home" by Rachel Ashwell.
I remember her writing that she likes to make all her cupboards look gorgeous so that when she opens them she gets a pleasant thrill. She recommends using pretty, vintage containers as storage and even newer ones (she does mix up new and old things.)
I like using cane baskets for storage and pretty, old tins. Old wallpapers as shelf liners and if I can find them, some crocheted edging for the shelves.
My mission to sort out the house by the end of the school holidays is coming along well. I have been diving under my daughters bed pulling out all the stuff she shoves under there when she "tidies" her room. She definitely has the same cleaning style as her father. The house looks immaculate after Jon cleans but wear a hardhat if you open a cupboard as a mountain of crap is sure to drop on your head!

0 comments:

Post a Comment