A New Doctor


Today I saw a Neurologist , recommended by the ER staff when I had my
episode.
The doctors decided it was a seizure caused by two old brain
lesions that are just hanging around. They have been treated with
Gamma Knife & Whole Brain Radiation and have not gone away.
They are not growing or shrinking , just staying around in my brain.
They have become a focal point and are ripe to cause seizures.

I am on anti seizure meds..Keppra ..was 1000 mg 2 Xs a day
dropping to 750 mg 2 Xs a day for a week , then to 500mg 2Xs a day.

I go for an EEG on May 5th...then see my Dr Xu in July.


Electroencephalogram (EEG)

An electroencephalogram (EEG) is a test that measures and records the electrical activity of your brain. Special sensors (electrodes ) are attached to your head and hooked by wires to a computer. The computer records your brain's electrical activity on the screen or on paper as wavy lines. Certain conditions, such as seizures, can be seen by the changes in the normal pattern of the brain's electrical activity.


I can't drive for sure
until my next visit ..3 months and then he'll re-evaluate me and let me know
if I can drive again.

Friday I get my PET/CT scan results..I'm expecting a good report. For now
the brain seems to be the issue.

Just another saga in my journey, I feel sure I will be fighting this from now on. I'll have another MRI in 8 weeks..and if things look the same ..we'll go back to every 3 months.

For now, I'll be bumming rides whenever I need to go somewhere.
Not fun, but safe!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment