My Latest MRI

Text Color
I had an MRI last Monday..I got called yesterday to come consult with my
neurosurgeon.

Doctor said this (we were there for 2 1/2 hours.) Rich was suppose to
work out of town, but he stayed here and took me to see my doctor.
Dr. Kloppenstein


I had 3 options. ( the tumors are the original set) only 3 of the five. I have had
3 different batches of tumors..over the last two years
They have gone thru gamma and whole brain but they ARE growing again.


My Options

Do nothing..just watch them and reduce brain swelling with steriods. Just putting off
further treatment that will be needed.

Treat again with Gamma Knife..could work..may not..but if it doesn't we are
back at option 3.

Brain surgery.. 3 separate areas of the brain..one is somewhat deep..
all will be drilled..cut out ..sewed up..then on to the next tumor
all done in one day.

in the hospital for 5?? days then home with steroids to reduce
brain swelling and hopefully off steroids in a matter of weeks.

I have another MRI tomorrow AM..it's called functional MRI
and Gamma Knife this coming Monday. All the doctors discussed
my case and they all agreed. we can try gamma again..but surgery
may be imminent.

I'll be glad to get this resolved. I'm tired of whining about it.
LOL



0 comments:

Post a Comment