Quick DIY Tiramisu .....(without the alcohol).

My guy cooks for me all the time & I'm so grateful to him for all the amazing TREATS he makes for me! He made this one yesterday & I wanted to share it with all of you.


It's a super quick RECIPE for a non-alcoholic Tiramisu dessert. So, for any of you in AA, this is ideal. Rather than having to use fresh, spongy ladyfingers, this one uses ladyfinger cookies that I got at a neighborhood Italian restaurant - though they are crisp, they're STILL light and not too sweet!


Start with packaged ladyfingers.  Use 2 for each dessert.  Cut in half and place criss-crossed into a ramekin or small dish.


Make one espresso.  You can also use instant coffee but make it strong. I made mine with my Tassimo machine.



Sweeten the coffee with sugar or Splenda.

 

Slightly sweeten (1/2 tsp) mascarpone cheese with Splenda & mix it.  If you can't get mascarpone, you can opt for similar cream cheeses like ricotta.  NOTE - it spreads MUCH better if you let it reach near-room-temperature first.

 

Put 1 1/2 tablespoon of espresso on the ladyfingers - they should be moistened but not drenched.


Dollop 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cheese on top of the ladyfingers depending on your taste.  Spread it evenly over the cookies with a little pressure to push it in.


Sprinkle cocoa powder on top (about 1/2 teaspoon - here I used a tea strainer to do it evenly).


Chill for at least 15 minutes covered.



Shave or break small chocolate pieces for the top and enjoy!
 
photos from made by girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment