Pink Saturday - Practical & Pretty

Another very busy week has zipped by and it's time once again to share in the fun of Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly at http://www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/. When you're done visiting here, head on over to Beverly's blog for a list of other Pink Saturday participant's to see what fun and beautiful pink things they will have to share with you.

Pink... A color that for me is both pretty and comforting. I love to surround myself with objects in my favorite color of pink. Some of the objects are practical for everyday use and others are just for sitting quietly on a shelf and adding beauty to a room.

For practical use and to keep things organized and tidy, I have a couple of these darling pink rose patterned wood bins in two different sizes. I have the smaller one on my desk in my home office to hold miscellaneous items and the larger one sits on the shelf of a wicker stand in my spare bedroom.

I found mine at my favorite Home Goods store a while back. They had them in pink, green and blue and they came in different sizes from small, medium to large. In addition to the pink ones, I also purchased a medium size one in blue and a large one in green. They are both pretty and functional at the same time.

If you like these, I recommend you visit the website katiesrosecottage.com/. I was browsing Lori's website yesterday and noticed that she has a few of them for sale at a very reasonable price. If you've never visited Lori at her selling site, you are definately missing out. She has fabulous items for sale and her service is excellent. I am frequent shopper on her website and I have yet to be disappointed in anything I have purchased from her.

Now for the not so functional, but never the less pretty, I have this sweet little pink lady planter figurine that holds a small bunch of artifical pink roses. She is kept on my coffee table in the living room where I can see and enjoy her everday.

I hope you enjoyed the little bit of pink I shared today. Now if you have the time and have always wondered if there was a way to reduce your piles of decorating magazines without losing the best parts of them, check out my last post titled "Decorating Scrapbooks" to see how I've reduced mine and still kept my favorite parts of them.

Have a great weekend and come back and visit again soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment