It's Beginning to Feel a Bit Like Christmas....


Happy Saturday Girls!!

I hope you are having a wonderful day today and enjoying the excitement of getting everything ready for Christmas. It's beginning to feel a bit more like Christmas in my part of the country as the temps are getting colder and we are starting to see some light snow off and on here in Minnesota. The sun in shining nice and brightly this morning though, although its still very cold with the current temp only being 16 degrees. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I enjoyed my vacation from work this week, despite the not so perfect weather. Days of being lazy, visiting my favorite antique shops, going to my nieces school one day to have lunch with her in a lunchroom full of very noisy third graders and the best day was yesterday as I did some power Christmas shopping with my Mom and my younger sister. Almost halfway done with my shopping in just one day. Woo Hoo!! That money was just flying out of my wallet.

Of course, I had to by a few little presents for myself this week too and I did that without even having to dip into my Christmas funds. Over the past year, I had been saving all my loose change in a pretty little round storage box and as it was getting pretty full and quite heavy, I decided it was the perfect time to take it into the bank and turn it into some dollar bills to use for fun money. As I dumped the coins in the change counting machine and hit the "Start" button for the machine to begin counting, the smile on my face kept getting bigger and bigger as the dollar amount went higher and higher until it reached a final total of just a little over $102 dollars. Wow!!. It's amazing to think that all of those small bits of change I dump out of my wallet can turn into so much after a few months.

I put that money to good use, starting with these little gems. A Royal Albert "American Beauty" sugar and creamer set. A sweet addition to my collection of pretty china pieces.

They even look a little Christmasy too with the darker shades of pink that look almost red and with the green leaves..

Found some other really cute and pretty things too that I'll be sharing in the days to come.

For now though, I'm off to do some more Christmas shopping, this time by myself. Have a great weekend and stay warm!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment