Shades of Winter.....

Hello my lovely friends...

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your family and loved ones and that the weather wasn't too bad where you are.

Christmas was very nice for my family this year, although very subdued and unusual on account of the nasty snow storm we had here in Minnesota that went right through Christmas and made driving around town very traitorous on the ice and snow covered roads both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. A good time was still had by all, especially my two nieces and nephews who were so excited about opening gifts. It was pure joy to experience the holiday and excitement through there eyes and to remember what Christmas was like for me when I was their age.

The snow is pretty much done here for now, but the skies are still cloudy (after a few short breaks of sunshine this morning) and between the whitish/grey colored skies and snow covered ground, it is very gloomy outside.

Better to be inside enjoying the same colors in a different form, like the shades of cream and white in my basket of pretty linens displayed on a shelf in my family room. So much prettier than snow don't you think?

I'm feeling very lazy this weekend after having had several relaxing days at home not doing much, but tomorrow is back to work for the start of a very busy week, so I'm not sure if I'll have much time to post again this upcoming week, but I'll try my best.

Enjoy the rest of you weekend and I'll be back soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment