Here's the Skinny


about my surgery & stuff


**First..Rich's dad is going to "Independence Village" on Saturday.
I know I am looking forward to it, his dad wants to go, and 
Rich is fretting about how he will manage..but I believe we
will all be better ..for now at least.  Did I tell you that
Rich's dad lost his left arm in a fall, in early 2005??
and he's unsteady on his feet.   He will get some
physical therapy to get walking better too.**


On Wednesday AM , at 6:40 ..we will arrive at 
Order of Saint Francis Hospital in Peoria, IL  for admission.
At about 7:40 AM I will be injected with radioactive dye?? so
my surgeon can see the cancer's path better...and about 2 hours
after that surgery will begin.  My breast oncology surgeon,
Denise Mammolito will begin the surgery ..a mastectomy with
lymph node(s) removal (each will be tested until clean ones are found)
..about 1.5 hours..then as she finishes the team of Dr. Glyn Jones (who is now in
Peoria , IL ) will begin my reconstruction.. a TRAM flap procedure
which was developed at Emory University where Dr. Jones instructed
other doctors!! That is about 3.5 hours. Rich will stay with me
that first (all) night in my room. 

I should be in the hospital for 3-5 days, but the insurance has only okay'd
2 days ..
Then home I come with lots of meds..drains..and a 24/7 pain med device...to heal.
I have a follow up with my doctors on 12/20, and the results of all the tissue
tested and the stage of cancer will be discussed then..with a plan for the future.
We know I am in at least stage 2  now..but maybe further.
At this time, I'm thinking Rich can return to work after Christmas.
I will get to heal before any other treatments begin.

I'm TirinG out fast these days...It's been since Oct. 28th that this cancer
has been known ..so we are READY to get it on out of here!!
****

I will have CHURCH, to update my BLOG in the comment section... ..she will post on  comments 12.12 after surgery..and 
any other times I am unable too and there is news..

I'll post the night of the 11th
and she will post updates in the comments!! Or add to my BLOG if
I can get her set up as an author....but check my BLOG for info..it'll be there!!

I will give some folks my daughter's number to call for info too
If you'd like her number, please let me know..

Ok, I got "things" today..so update later..and I received BOOKS from Jan's GiveAway yesterday too.  

I'll be posting more soon..fondly, deena




0 comments:

Post a Comment