Happiness And Heartbreak ......

Hi Girls...

I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far. My weekend has been going great, except for one little heartbroken moment which I will explain shortly.

I headed out early today to make an hour and a half drive down to the lovely town of Red Wing, Minnesota where they have some awesome antique malls located in an old pottery factory. The old factory is a huge building which currently houses some smaller specialty shops as well as four separate antique shops. Two of them are quite large and a person could spend hours and hours browsing through them looking at all the goodies for sale. The other two are a smaller in size but are fun to browse just the same. It's a one stop shopping experience right up my alley.

I found several great things today which made the long drive worth while.

First up is the "happiness" part of this post. I found this lovely china gravy boat that I couldn't resist. It was a great price too at less than $10.00 ....

Not surprisingly, it has some very pretty roses on it .......

Now for the "heartbreak" part of this post. I found a very cute "Pin Money" bank to add to my small collection, but before I even made it into the house after I returned home, I accidentally dropped the bag it was in and I could hear the sound of breaking china as it hit the garage floor. They had wrapped it in some newspaper at the antique mall and this is what I saw when I unwrapped it after getting inside the house.

I felt a bit like crying over this little tragedy, but I guess I can count myself lucky in the fact that I didn't pay too much for it. It had a few minor cracks already on the backside that decreased its value and it only cost me $5.00, but I still feel pretty bad about it as it was so pretty, even with its minor flaws. It would have made for a great display piece as those little flaws it originally had were weren't visable from the front. Now, it's another story and this sadly had to go in the trash..

I found a few more things on my trip today that I will share with you in another post.

Until then, keep on enjoying your weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment