Room Inspired By Marie Antoinette

We haven't even found the house yet, but I have already started decorating it!
I am going for a more grown up look for the living room this time. I figure if I go for a more masculine look with this room, it will appease Himself and I can have free rein with the other rooms!
This room was inspired by the misunderstood Marie Antoinette.


Pink china and shoes, a girl after my own heart!

One of her fainting rooms to get away from the intrigues of court life. This is in the main palace of Versailles. Here is where I started to get my inspiration for a colour combination that would not strike a man as too feminine but would appease my french provencial loving heart!


Brown is one of only a few colours I dislike. With the softening affect of the light blue it becomes more of a neutral.




The coffee table and tv bench will be mahogany, Edwardian styled pieces. They are from work as are the two french looking pieces. I plan to slip in at least the sofa table or a smaller, half moon table. These are a pale blue grey and styled on MA's own furniture in the Petit Triannon.



MA wall decoration from the Petit Triannon. I love the shade of blue paint. I plan to do the walls a blue like this with a lighter blue ceiling to give height to the room.

Where would a Versailles room be without an Aubusson rug?


You can't get much more masculine than a brown leather lounge suite. The one I want is a little lighter than this. Much easier to wipe up spills and hide marks! Our cream suite has been a nightmare. It is gorgeous but impossible to keep clean with two children.

Salon in the Petit Triannon. You can see the console or sofa table at the front is very much like the one from my work.



What better to put the jewel on the crown of a room than a magnificent tole chandelier?


Fabric samples for cushions, maybe. A brocade wallpaper feature wall would also be fabulous. C'est tout!

0 comments:

Post a Comment