Pink Saturday - Home Goods Finds


OMG!!!... I can't believe that Saturday is here already. This week has flown by and I have been so busy I haven't had much time to sit at my computer and do as much blogging as I would have liked to. Working full time and maintaining my home takes a lot of time out of my week and this week there has been the added task of helping plan a "semi-surprise" birthday party for my dear sweet mother who is turning "75" today.

I say "semi-surprise" as my siblings and I were only be able to keep it a secret up to a point. A rented tent being put up in her yard is not something very easy to hide, nor is much of the food preparation that is going to be done at her house. We managed to keep it a secret until Friday when we finally had to tell her about the party. The party is going to be so much fun. My mother has done daycare in her home for over 30 years and many of the families that she had done daycare for will be coming to the party. Seeing all of the families with their kids all grown up is is going to be such a treat for her.
Even with my time cut short this week, I still wanted to participate in this weeks "Pink Saturday" event hosted by Beverly at http://www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/,
unfortunately, I've only had time to take a few photos this week of some of my "pink" to share with you today, but I think you will like what I have to show.

I have a new favorite store near where I live. I'm sure many of you out there have heard of the store Home Goods. I just love this store !!
For someone like me who loves to find great things to decorate my home with, this has to be one of the best places ever to shop. They have an ever changing variety of home decor items in so many different styles and I find something new almost every time I go there. Over the past few months, I've managed to find several items that include my favorite color of pink.

This first one is a table runner that has a lovely pale blue background with the most beautiful roses in the prettiest shades of pink. It fits in perfectly with my shabby chic/cottage style decor.

A closer view shows the fine detail and coloring of the roses. The rose pattern is gorgeous!!!
Another item I found at the Home Goods store are these accordion files that were in the stationary aisle. I purchased three of them, but am only showing one of them here. These too have a pattern of a pale pink roses scatted on a pale blue background. They are great for organizing paperwork and bills in my home office.


This last picture is of another Home Goods find. On one of my visits, they had these really cute painted wood hinged boxes in a semi-oval shape. The sides are painted with pink and cream stripes and the top has a pretty rose pattern on it. It can be used as a jewelry box or just to store small odds and ends in. I also purchased a similar one in green that I keep on my coffee table in the living room to hide the television remote controls in when they are not being used.

That's all for today... Now I am off to my Mom's to celebrate her birthday. I will try and get a few pictures to share sometime next week. I will be away from home most of the day today so won't have much time for visiting all of the other Pink Saturday participants right away, but I promise to come visit within the next day or two. I don't want to miss out on seeing what everyone else is sharing for Pink Saturday.
Have a great weekend everyone..

0 comments:

Post a Comment