Pink Saturday

YIPPIE!!!

It’s time for another “Pink Saturday” being hosted by Beverly at
How Sweet the Sound. If you don’t know what Pink Saturday is all about, click on the Pink Saturday button on my right sidebar for a link to Beverly’s blog. Beverly had the wonderful idea of designating a day of the week that everyone could “show and tell” about something pink. Anything pink is fair game. It can be something from your own personal collection, or just random things you find from somewhere else.

Considering that pink is my favorite color, I couldn't pass up on the chance to join in the fun. My only problem each week has been deciding which of my many pink things to share with all of you. My house is full of pink, from pretty china, linens, storage boxes, pottery, figurines, books, office supplies and so much more. The possibilities each week are endless and I don't think I will ever run out of new pink stuff to share. At least I hope so. If I do, I guess I will just have to go out and buy myself some more (hee, hee, hee...).

Today, I thought I would show just some random pinkness that is scattered throughout my home..

This first item is fairly new to me. I recently purchased this storage box from Cindy at Cute Pink Stuff. It is a wood box with a basket weave texture and has a lovely hinge closure that just screams “cute”. It is about 12” in height and width and is painted in the prettiest shade of pink, both inside and out. If you’ve never had a chance to see the items that Cindy offers for sale on her website, you must check it out. She offers a wide assortment of white and pink painted items for sale that are great for organizing your work spaces at home. With a website called Cute Pink Stuff, you can be guaranteed to find something you like.
This next picture is of a lovely pink flower pot that has the prettiest floral design on it. I currently have it sitting on a small desk in my spare bedroom/sitting room where it holds a few pens and is also being used as a prop for a lovely vintage card box that I discovered years ago in an antique store. Even the card box has roses in the loveliest shades of pink.

Even more pink can be found on one of the shelves on a bookcase in my living room. The shelf holds a random collection of different pieces of china that I have collected over the years. Each piece has a varying floral pattern, but they all have a common theme of pink and roses which allows them to blend together beautifully. Notice the pretty rose patterned wallpaper covering the back of the bookshelf. I disliked the look of the plywood back on the bookcase when I first purchased it, so I decided to cover it with a pretty rose patterned wallpaper. It makes a lovely backdrop to my rose patterned china.


The same shelf also holds a small pink wicker basket that I have filled with a small collection of pretty rose patterned desert plates. You can see just the edges of the plates peeking out. These pretty little plates are getting harder and harder to find in the antique stores. I used to be able to find them all the time and they were very inexpensive (usually in the price range of $5 or so) which is great for me considering I live on a very limited budget, but I am not seeing so many of them anymore. When I do find them now, I appreciate them even more.

That's all for today. I hope you enjoyed your visit and a chance to see some of my pretty pink things. What you saw here today is just a small sampling of some of my favorite pink collections. You can be assured that there is more where this came from and that I will be showing it in the future.

Now that’s you’re done visiting here, head on over to Beverly’s blog for a list of other Pink Saturday participant's and go see what they are offering for “show and tell” today.

Have a great weekend everyone..

Kim

0 comments:

Post a Comment