Pink Saturday - More Vintage Cottage Linens & Things



Happy Pink Saturday.....

The weekend is here once again and it's time to share in the fun of Beverly's "Pink Saturday" event. Thank you Beverly for being such a wonderful hostess and for all that you do to coordinate the event each weekend. When you are done visiting here today, head on over to Beverly's blog at http://www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ for a list of other Pink Saturday participants. Make sure you try and visit the blogs of as many as you can. Our numbers our growing every week so it's a time consuming process, but it is well worth your time to see what lovely Pink things everyone has to share.

As for myself, I have decided to share some new pictures of my vintage kitchen linens. I have a very nice collection of vintage tablecloths, crocheted potholders and crocheted hotpads that I just love. They are things I enjoy searching for on my antiquing jaunts.

For Pink Saturday, I show mostly the pink ones in my collection. You can see some of my vintage blue linens in one of my earlier Blue Monday posts.

Starting with my small round kitchen table, this is a picture of my favorite vintage tablecloth. It's the one I use as my "everyday" tablecloth. It has a lovely floral design in pink, blue and green. The colors are so soft and pretty and it reminds me of spring, even in the coldest months of winter. It has a few small stains on it, but that doesn't bother me in the least.

A closer shot shows some of the detail better...

Now for some of my vintage pink potholders and hotpads...

A gathering together of some of my collection with a little blue, green and lavender mixed in for fun....

A creative way that I came upon to display some of my potholder collection on my counter top is by using a vintage metal coffee mug holder that I spray painted pink. The hooks on the coffee mug holder work great for holding the vintage potholders, most of which have a loop to hang them.

And some I keep displayed in a wicker basket on a small chest of drawers that I keep in my dining room to store some of my linens in.

After teasing you the past several weeks with just small glimpes of my dining room, I decided it was time to share a photo of the entire room. It is not a separate room but is an extension of my kitchen. This has to be one of my favorite rooms in my house. I love the soft butter yellow color of the wall and the white table and chairs, china hutch and shelf. Add in my collection of china and pretty vintage linens and it makes for a charming cottage dining room.

Well, that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed seeing more of my vintage linen collection and my dining room. Maybe you will leave here today with a an idea or two on how to display some of your collections.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. Until next time......

0 comments:

Post a Comment